Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It Begins

Clerkship, that is. I'm excited to say the least. My rotations, beginning Aug. 30th and finishing mid-September 2011:

Introduction to Clerkship
Pediatrics
Obstetrics and Gynecology
(Exams)
Year 3 Elective
(Christmas)
Surgery and Emergency Medicine:          
General Surgery
Neurosurgery
Emergency Medicine
Plastics
And then...
(Exams + OSCE)
(Break)
Family Medicine
Psychiatry
(Exams)
Internal Medicine:
Geriatrics
Neurology
Medical Teaching Unit
(Exams + OSCE)

Exciting! I'd like to do radiology for my elective, but I may have to settle for something else. We don't really get paid for clerkship, but there's a modest stipend ($2800) and $50/week for up to 12 weeks spent outside HRM. Total time off = 3 weeks over 55 weeks. I'm generally really happy with my schedule and rotations; not only did I get almost all my top choices, but I'm looking forward to being able to figure out the Great Surgery Question relatively early on. It's not like I usually see much of the sun in January/February anyhow. On y va!

No comments: