Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A New Beginning


And a new blog!

Moving to Waterloo has been something of an adventure for me; this blog will document the continuing saga of my journey as a grad student among the strip malls and subdivisions of Waterloo, Ontario. Topics will include but certainly not limited to the following, in no particular order:


  • The travails of graduate statistics courses

  • My attempts to learn Mandarin Chinese

  • Experiments in cooking

  • Travelling

  • Whatever else that may come to mind... even politics


Since I'm intending this post to be short-ish, I won't say much more. The blog's title refers to the fact that I'll be living here all winter... and the coming spring and summer too, but I'll worry about that later. I can definitely feel that Winter is Coming, though, as it's starting to get rather chilly not just in the mornings but during the day too. Well, it IS mid-October.

So, since I'm getting pretty tired, that will be all for now. I'll post again soon, though.

No comments: